Monday, October 20, 2014

Choose Your Own BlockAlong 10/20/14

After taking last week off from blogging for a quick trip home, I have three more blocks to share from my City Sampler quilt using Cotton+Steel. Have I mentioned how much I am loving my blocks?






My last block will probably need a do-over. I'm not sure if my measuring was wrong while cutting or if I was thrown off cutting on the bias for the first time. Maybe I have forgotten how to stitch a straight line ;-) In addition, I realized after taking pictures that I didn't even piece the blocks together correctly. No worries, though. It's one of my favorite combinations of prints and solids, and I certainly don't mind a do-over!

I finally placed all my blocks on my excel grid sheet.




Right now I have them placed in order according to book. I hope this week to start playing around with color combinations and finally decide on the layout/quilt assembly I want to use. For those familiar with the City Sampler quilt, I am wavering between the Sliding Scale, which uses 70 blocks to make a queen size, or the City Planner, which  uses 100 blocks to make a king size quilt.

Don't forget to swing by ReneCreates and LiveAColorfulLife and check out their progress!

Thanks, as always, for visiting my blog!

~ Michelle ~

3 comments:

  1. Those are great Michelle! I especially love that first block with the lion. I bought a bunch of that for a Leo quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great--even if you do have some redoing to do. I need to get myself this grid and fill it in...fun to see the quilt grow that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks. They are fun to make and so fast ; )

    ReplyDelete