Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Whim and A Winner

I'm not usually one to purchase on a whim, especially when it comes to fabric for quilting. Generally, my fabric purchases are based on some idea of a future project. This summer, however, all I heard on social media was Cotton & Steel. Everyone was talking about it. I had no idea what C+S was, but, for the first time, I decided to purchase some...completely on a whim.



My first purchase was from the Homebody line, totally because I am such a homebody ;-))) Really, for no other reason. Soon, my whim became a complete obsession! And I think it is way cool that the designer of Homebody, Kimberly Kight, is a fellow Speech Therapist!!

Here is a mini quilt I made for my sister for her birthday using Kimberly's Homebody line. Bless her heart, she had to wait almost a month before getting it.



The pattern is Mini Spools, by Camille Roskelley of Thimble Blossoms.


I think it looks great hanging in her quilt studio!! The quilt below it was gifted a couple of years ago for her birthday.

And now for the winner of the RJR Cotton Supreme Solids fat quarter bundle of the solids I used in my Twinkle Twinkle quilt.


The random number generator picked Michele, who wrote, "The quilting! Swoon! Such a pretty quilt." Thank you Michele!! I will be sending you an email shortly. And thanks to all of who left such kind words about my quilt. A big shout out to RJR Fabrics for introducing me to their wonderful solids and hosting my giveaway!!

~ Michelle ~

2 comments:

  1. So jealous Michelle! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The spools look perfect with the C+S! Good for going out on a limb and purchasing this on a whim.

    ReplyDelete